Download free FreeNAS for Windows 10
Network-attached storage ( NAS) is the name for a storage medium that is connected to the network. A NAS system makes use of the TCP/IP protocol for the data transfer. A NAS system can make use of multiple hard drives.
FreeNAS is an open source software package that makes it easy, a NAS server can be set up. This can thus be a computer within your local network to be used for the storage and retrieval of data from other computers in that network.
This NAS server is widely used, for example, all documents centrally store media files such as audio and video from one computer to stream and backup store with the help of automatic synchronization.
FreeNAS is based on the core of the FreeBSD operating system, complemented by installation and configuration tools.
FreeNAS has the following characteristics:
- free software to a NAS server,
- Protocols: CIFS (via Samba), TFTP, FTP, NFS, SSH, rsync, AFP and UPnP.
- Extensions (plug-ins) for: SlimServer, BitTorrent, XBMSP (Xbox Media Stream Protocol) and iTunes.
- rsync server, client and local sync.
- Unison support.
- iSCSI targets feature to create virtual disks to create.
- iSCSI initiator.
- Dynamic DNS client for: DynDNS, ZoneEdit, No-Ip, and freedns.afraid.org.
- File systems: UFS, ext2/ext3 are fully supported, NTFS read-only support, and FAT32 read/write support.
- Hard drive: P-ATA. S-ATA, SCSI, iSCSI, USB and FireWire.
- GPT/EFI partitions for hard drives larger than 2 terrabyte.
- Network cards: All wired and wireless cards supported by FreeBSD 6.
- Boot from HDD, USB stick, CompactFlash, CD-ROM + floppy disk, or USB flash.
- Hardware RAID cards: All those to be supported by FreeBSD 6.2.
- Software RAID levels: 0, 1, 5, JBOD, 5+0, 5+1, 0+1, 1+0, etcetera.
- Disk encryption with the program geli.
- Management of groups and users (Local User authentication to Microsoft Domains).
- S. M. A. R. T. support.
- Remote syslogd forwarding.
- SNMP monitoring (Netgraph and MibII).
- Email log and notification feature.
- ATA over Ethernet (AoE)
You can free download FreeNAS and safe install the latest trial or new full version for Windows 10 (x32, 64 bit) from the official site.