Download free Freespire for Windows 10
Linux is an open source framework where many operating systems are based. These operating systems are called linux distributions called. Freespire is one of these free linux distributions.
UPDATE: Freespire is no longer developed and the project website is offline. It is advisable to opt for an alternative operating system.
Freespire is an open source operating system that you can download for free. The program is based on the Ubuntu operating system. The developer Linspire has set a target of Freespire a variant of the Linux operating system that even inexperienced computer users can use.
Freespire is based on Ubuntu and adds software within 6 categories:
- CNR Plugin within one click access to thousands of open source applications
- KDE - simple user interface for the operating system that is similar to that of Apple Mac and Windows operating systems
- Improved applications and functionality for improved user-friendliness are custom versions of applications like Firefox and Thunderbird added. In addition, Linspire-sponsored open source software, such as Lsongs and Lphoto.
- Additional software such as Adobe Acrobat, Flash and Java
- Additional codecs - codecs added to multimedia files playback such as MP3's and Windows Media files
- Additional drivers to support hardware such as 3D graphics cards, and better WI-fi support
Freespire has the following characteristics:
- open source operating system that Linux is more accessible for inexperienced PC users,
- supports: MP3, DVD, Windows Media, QuickTime, Java, Flash, Real, ATI drivers, nVidia drivers, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Wi-fi drivers, fonts, and more,
- contains Gizmo VOIP software to make internet phone calls,
- Lsongs to play music, rip and manage,
- Lphoto photos, to manage and edit,
- Firefox browser to surf the internet,
- Thunderbird to email to receive and send
- NVU HTML editor to create sites,
- OpenOffice.org to write letters, tables and databases, such as Microsoft Office,
- Pidgin messenger to chat.
You can free download Freespire and safe install the latest trial or new full version for Windows 10 (x32, 64 bit) from the official site.